By Pam Pastor
Philippine Daily Inquirer
Last updated 19:51:00 09/25/2009
HELLO KITTY fans in the country have good reason to celebrate.
Sanrio Luxe finally opens its doors to the public on Saturday.
Located in Greenbelt 5, the store is only the second of its kind in the world. You can find the first Sanrio Luxe in Times Square in New York.
Virgie Ramos, queen of all things Hello Kitty, is very excited. “We have the first and only master license in the world. The following of Hello Kitty worldwide is amazing. You can go anywhere in the world and they will tell you that Filipinos love shopping for Sanrio stuff.”
Sanrio Luxe is a milestone in Hello Kitty’s long history in the Philippines. “Thirty years ago, my dream of having Hello Kitty in every home happened. The kids then are now mommies who are looking to relive the joys of Hello Kitty in great style,” Ramos says.
Sanrio Luxe is ready to provide that stylish experience. Carrying only the finest Hello Kitty items, the store features limited-edition and exclusive finds from different parts of the world—Japan, Italy, Paris and the United States. “A lot of the items are only available by order and the ones that are available in the store come in very limited quantities. There are only a few pieces of each,” says Ramos.
2bU got an exclusive sneak peak at the store. One step into Sanrio Luxe and you’ll feel like a little girl again. You’ll stop wondering why celebrities like Paris Hilton and Sarah Jessica Parker are still hooked on Hello Kitty.
Here are 10 things that had us drooling. Here are 10 things to covet at Sanrio Luxe.
1. TOKIDOKI HOODIES. Hello Kitty fans are no stranger to collaborations between their favorite feline and this Japanese-inspired Italian brand created by artist Simone Legno. Stay warm in these adorable Hello Kitty Tokidoki hoodies.
2. LUGGAGE. Don’t leave Hello Kitty at home. Travel in style with Hello Kitty luggage. Other designs are available at Sanrio Luxe.
3. RAIN BOOTS. Keep your feet dry with these sexy Hello Kitty rain boots from Japan. Bring on the puddles!
4. ASICS SNEAKERS. Slip these babies on. This Hello Kitty Gel Lyte III is an exclusive collaboration between Sanrio and Asics. We love this classic Hello Kitty white and red colorway. The shoes, which are soon to be launched worldwide, are available by order at Sanrio Luxe. Ramos tells us a new color will also be available soon.
5. HELLO KITTY X VABENE WATCH. Tick tock, tick tock. This limited edition Hello Kitty watch by Italian company Vabene will be on top of the wish lists of Hello Kitty fans. Also available in pink. Order it at Sanrio Luxe.
6. COFFEE MAKER. Hello Kitty gives you a dose of caffeine with this retro coffee maker. Oh yes, this kitty isn’t just cute, she can make you the purrfect cup of coffee.
7. SUNGLASSES. Shield your eyes from the sun with these stylish Hello Kitty sunglasses.
8. CRYSTAL BALL BAGS. Hot, hot, hot. Japanese handbag brand Crystal Ball launched a line of Hello Kitty bags that Hello Kitty fans will go crazy for. “These are the latest from Japan. They were just launched there,” says Ramos.
9. SANYO XACTI VIDEO. Document your life and capture moments with this Sanyo Xacti Hello Kitty Video Camera. Ready, set, shoot. Expect more Hello Kitty cameras at Sanrio Luxe soon.
10. LOUNGEFLY BAGS. Ladies who love big bags are sure to adore this Hello Kitty Loungefly bag from Sanrio USA. This large classic black embossed patent bag comes with a bow ID tag. Ramos is very excited about the Loungefly bags: “I know people will love it. It’s really well-priced.” The bag is available by order at Sanrio Luxe. It comes in two sizes and is also available in hot pink.